Compare Side by Side:
Comparing cities to live in is a subjective process, as what is important to one person may not be important to another.
How to compare cities to live?
- Identify your priorities - Think of what is important to you when it comes to where you want to live. Look thru the list created by Dwellics team and find what you prioritize for you and your family. At this time, you may find Dwellics app helpful to rank all US locations according to your unique priorities.
- Research each city - Once you have identified your priorities, research each city you are considering. Use this Compare Cities Calculator to compare information about the city's cost of living, natural disasters and health risks, transportation options, schools, and outdoor recreation opportunities. You can also review crime statistics and weather patterns.
- Talk to locals and local real estate agents - While you are visiting each city, try to talk to locals to get their perspective on what it's like to live there. Real estate agents are usually very knowledgeable about a variety of things such as job opportunities, the local vibe, or cultural activities. Make sure you talk to a real estate agent before your visit.
- Check out pros and cons lists - While researching each city, a pros and cons list for each one may be helpful (Dwellics team identifies pros and cons of each location as well as collects honest reviews by users). Consider how each city stacks up against your list of priorities. This will help you make an informed decision about where to live.
- Visit each city on your final list of top candidates - If possible, plan a visit to each city you are considering. This will give you a firsthand look at the city's neighborhoods, attractions, and amenities. You can also get a feel for the overall vibe of the city and its people.
Remember, the process of comparing cities is highly personal, and what works for one person may not work for another. Get all the information you need in one place at Dwellics, trust your instincts and choose the city that feels like the best fit for you.